the release by the holders of the Issuer’s 12.0% Senior Secured Notes due 2025 (the “Noteholders” and the “Notes”, respectively) of all existing guarantees and security and claims (if any) with respect to Seadrill and its subsidiaries (excluding the Issuer and certain of its subsidiaries);
The key terms of the Plan include:
the Noteholders receiving 65% of pro forma equity in the Issuer, with Seadrill Investment Holding Company (a subsidiary of Seadrill) retaining the remaining 35% of pro forma equity in the Issuer, which shall effect a separation of the Issuer and its subsidiaries (including the Seabras Sapura assets and the SeaMex group) from the consolidated Seadrill group;
the Noteholders will have appointment rights in respect of 4 out of 5 of the Issuer’s directors on the board of the restructured Issuer’s group, with the remaining director to be appointed by Seadrill;
maturity date: July 15, 2026
new notes will be issued pro rata to Noteholders on amended terms including:
interest: either (a) 9.0%, consisting of (i) 3.00% cash interest plus (ii) 6.00% PIK interest, or (b) 10.0% PIK, in each case payable quarterly
call protection: redemption price:
the Noteholders will have a first priority right to fund any additional liquidity needs of the Issuer or its affiliates; and Seadrill will continue to provide certain management services to the Issuer’s group.
Story continues Confirmation of the Issuer’s Plan brings the Seadrill group one step closer to finalizing the comprehensive restructuring of the Seadrill group. The Issuer expects to emerge from chapter 11 in the near term. Seadrill’s chapter 11 plan of reorganization was confirmed by the Court in October 2021 and is anticipated to go effective in the first quarter of 2022.
Copies of the Plan and Disclosure statement are available at the following website: https://cases.primeclerk.com/SeadrillNewFinance/. Kirkland & Ellis LLP and Slaughter and May are serving as legal advisors to the Issuer in connection with the restructuring. Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld are serving as legal advisors to an ad hoc group of the Noteholders (the “Ad Hoc Group”), and Ducera Partners LLC are serving as the Ad Hoc Group’s financial adviser.
Seadrill is a leading offshore drilling contractor utilizing advanced technology to unlock oil and gas resources for clients across harsh and benign locations across the globe. Seadrill’s high quality, technologically advanced fleet spans all asset classes allowing its experienced crews to conduct its operations from shallow to ultra-deep-water environments. The Company operates 37 rigs, which includes drillships, jack-ups and semi-submersibles. Seadrill is listed on the Oslo Børs and OTC Pink markets. For more information, visit https://www.seadrill.com/.
About Seadrill This announcement relates to Seadrill New Finance Limited and is not expected to impact the recoveries existing shareholders of Seadrill Limited will receive under the Seadrill Limited Plan. Consummation of the Seadrill Limited Plan is subject to a number of customary terms and conditions, including court approval, which was obtained on October 26, 2021.
Check the latest news about business news section for best information.