A Petersburg family is homeless after heating ignited a house on Edmonds Avenue

A Petersburg family is homeless after heating ignited a house on Edmonds Avenue

Fire crews arrived at the house at 9:54 a.m. and saw heavy fire coming from the back of a single-family house. They managed to get the fire under control by 10:21 a.m.

Story Highlights:

  • A release from the city said Petersburg dispatch received a call for a fire on Edmonds Avenue at 9:47 a.m. on Jan. 10.

  • Richmond Fire Department determines 3 fires seen within 1 hour were all ‘accidental’

The city said while the fire was contained to the back of the house, there was heavy smoke and water damage throughout the home. There were no reported injuries from this incident, and the owners were not home when the fire started. However, one pet died as a result of the fire.

The fire department is reminding people to never leave space heaters, fires or lit candles unattended. Here are some other tips from the department:

The Red Cross was called to help the family, who currently cannot occupy the home.

Don’t leave space heaters plugged in unattendedKeep pets and children away from heatersDo not put a space heater near flammable materialsDon’t use extension cords or power strips to plug in heatersMake sure space heaters have a cut-off feature for tip overs — also check its safety certificationsDon’t hide heater coordsPut space heaters on a level surface

Early morning Goochland blaze displaces resident and his dogs

Check the latest news about Space news section for best information related to Space topic.

The best source of news - newszf.com
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0