1 suffered serious injuries in a fire caused by a heater

1 suffered serious injuries in a fire caused by a heater

At 8:35 p.m. Sunday, Prince William County fire and rescue crews went to the 12000 block of Purdham Drive for house fire caused by a burning space heater.

Story Highlights:

  • One person inside a home in Lake Ridge suffered serious injuries in a house fire Sunday night. The victim is at Washington Hospital Center.

  • One occupant of home sustained serious injuries while removing the burning space heater from the home. The unidentifed injured occupant was transported to an area medical facility but later transferred to the Washington Hospital Center.

No one else was injured. The home sustained minimal damage thus no one was displaced and an investigation is ongoing.

The Prince William County Fire and Rescue System would like for everyone to remember if you have a fire in your home fire to immediately exit the home and call 9-1-1. With the cold temperatures the use of space heaters becomes more common, and precautions must be taken in their use.

Fire and rescue crews provided safety tips to avoid fire in the cold winter months:

Keep combustibles 36″ away, keep children and pets away, and ensure all wiring is intact and safe to use. This incident also stresses the importance of working smoke detectors. There is no better device(s) to protect you and your family from fire than working smoke detectors.

Check the latest news about Space news section for best information related to Space topic.

The best source of news - newszf.com
Logo
Compare items
  • Total (0)
Compare
0